Through interactive exhibits and enlightening programs, Bartow History Museum illustrates the past and present of Georgia’s Bartow County. Visitors can explore Cherokee and pioneer cabins, sit in a one-room school house, listen to historic voices, and much more.
Bartow and The Great War
Opening November 18, 2017
Bartow Countians on the courthouse steps waiting to depart to join World War I.
Thank you to our local Sponsors:
Bartow in Pictures Exhibit: Sports
January – December 2017
Each year we select 12 images from the thousands preserved in the archives of the museum to feature on our Bartow in Pictures wall. This year’s theme is “Sports” and features images of sports teams and activities over the years around Bartow County.
The photographs include team shots and athletes in action in a wide variety of sports, such as football, baseball, badminton, golf, volleyball, track & field, and others.
Step back in time and touch history by exploring Bartow County’s past through hands-on interactive activities.
- Touch the belongings of Cherokee and early Pioneer families.
- Experience the hardships of a Civil War soldier.
- Listen to the stories of Bartow County history makers in an authentic 1940s telephone booth.
- Shop at the General Store.
- Work a shift in a textile mill.
- Read a book at the old fashioned school desks.