The museum calendar shows upcoming programs and events. Also, be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to learn about programs.
Spooky Museum Decorated Pumpkin Contest & Silent Auction
October 15, 2016 @ 4:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Bartow History Museum Pumpkin Decorating Contest & Silent Auction
Looking for a great way to let your Halloween creativity flow? All ages are invited to join the Bartow History Museum’s Spooky Museum Pumpkin Decorating Contest and Silent Auction. Decorated pumpkins will go to the highest bidder in the “Pick of the Patch” silent auction with the proceeds going toward the education and preservation efforts of the museum. There will also be a prize for “The Great Pumpkin,” the pumpkin receiving the most votes in the people’s choice decorating contest.
Stop by the Bartow History Museum during the week of October 9 to vote on your favorite and bid on the one you want in your home this Halloween. You can also preview the pumpkins on social media during the week. Better yet, come by between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Saturday, October 15, when the Museum becomes The Spooky Museum, and be part of the fun!
EACH DECORATED PUMPKIN ENTRY WILL RECEIVE ONE FREE TICKET TO THE SPOOKY MUSEUM.
Guidelines for donated pumpkins:
- Pumpkins MUST NOT be carved or cut in anyway.
- All decorations must be applied or secured to the OUTSIDE of the pumpkin.
- You are encouraged to be creative with your decorations.
- Decorated pumpkins should be dropped off at the Bartow History Museum on Friday, October 7, or Saturday, October 8, between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. (During the week of October 9 is fine, but the sooner we have your pumpkin, the sooner we can show it off to potential voters on social media!)
- Votes and bids on the pumpkins will be accepted starting at 10 a.m. Saturday, October 8th, through 9 p.m. Saturday, October 15th.
- Winners will be notified.