Welcome to the Bartow History Museum!
The museum, located at 4 East Church Street in downtown Cartersville, Georgia, documents the history of northwest Georgia’s Bartow County, spanning more than 200 years since the Cherokee were the area’s primary residents. Artifacts, photographs, documents, and a variety of interactive permanent exhibits tell the story of settlement, Cherokee life and removal, Civil War strife, and lifestyles of years past.
The Bartow History Museum also provides a variety of educational opportunities for adults, children, families, and school groups. Our extensive archives and research library containing photographs, documents, newspapers, rare books, genealogy records, oral history interviews, and more, is also available. We look forward to your visit soon.
- March 14, 2015 10:00 amGirl Scout Program: Beyond Manners
- April 7, 2015 9:00 amSpring Break Camp: Down on the Farm
- April 8, 2015 9:00 amSpring Break Camp: Down on the Farm
- April 9, 2015 9:00 amSpring Break Camp: Down on the Farm
- April 10, 2015 9:00 amSpring Break Camp: Down on the Farm
Teachers, be sure to check out our Traveling Trunks!