Volunteer at The Bartow History Museum
The Bartow History Museum welcomes your volunteering spirit! We are always looking for volunteers to assist in a variety of volunteer opportunities. During an orientation process, opportunities will be discussed and a direction chosen that best suits each person’s abilities and passions. We encourage you to become involved as we endeavor to share and preserve the history of Bartow County with future generations.
Adult Volunteer Program
Please consider joining our dedicated group of adult volunteers while learning more about the county in which you live. A variety of opportunities exist for adult volunteers in the following areas:
Education Program Docent
Lead or assist with school field trip programs. Training provided.
Be part of our special events by helping with set-up, greeting our guests, or serving.
Assist with one of our archival projects such as researching old newspapers or transcribing documents.
Help document our collection by photographing selected artifacts. Photographs will be used in our internal and online databases.
Junior Volunteer Program
Junior Volunteers are essential to our educational programs.
Being a Junior Volunteer brings numerous rewards in addition to our normal volunteer benefits including…
- Gain volunteer hours for extracurricular requirements (ex: scholarship programs, scout programs, school leadership and cadette programs, etc.).
- Opportunities to gain skills and improve your knowledge of education and history.
- Opportunities to meet new friends.
Being a volunteer brings numerous benefits including…
- 20% discounts in the museum gift shop
- Free admission to Bartow History Museum for the volunteer and immediate family members
- Free admission to Booth Western Art Museum and Tellus Science Museum for the volunteer and immediate family members (volunteer must present badge)
- Invitation to special recognition events
- Member pricing on ticketed events
- Special travel opportunities
Please contact Joshua Graham by phone at 770-382-3818 x 6288 or by email at email@example.com if you are interested in becoming a Junior Volunteer (Junior Volunteer’s under the age of 16 must volunteer with an adult guardian) or if you are interested in volunteering in the Education Department.
Please contact Sandy Moore by phone at 770-382-3818 x 6283 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in becoming an Archives Volunteer.