Volunteer at The Bartow History Museum
The Bartow History Museum welcomes your volunteering spirit! We are always looking for volunteers to assist in a variety of volunteer opportunities. During an orientation process, opportunities will be discussed and a direction chosen that best suits each person’s abilities and passions. We encourage you to become involved as we endeavor to share and preserve the history of Bartow County with future generations.
Please consider joining our dedicated group of adult volunteers while learning more about the county in which you live. A variety of opportunities exist for adult volunteers in the following areas:
Education Program Docent
Lead or assist with school field trip programs. Training provided.
Be part of our special events by helping with set-up, greeting our guests, or serving.
Assist with one of our archival projects such as researching old newspapers or transcribing documents.
Being a volunteer brings numerous benefits including…
- Free regular admission for the volunteer, and your immediate family when accompanied by them at all GMI museums
- 20% discount in Bartow History Museum gift shop
- Member pricing on ticketed events at the Bartow History Museum (excludes events restricted by membership level and subject to availability)
- Privileges to the museum library or archive (by appointment) at all museums
- Quarterly museum email – newsletter
- Opportunity to connect with others
Please contact Sandy Moore by phone at 770-382-3818 ext. 7353 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in becoming a volunteer.